I decided to cancel class tonight, April 18, due to Spring Break at the schools. Next week, April 25, will be the final session.
The Basic Argument:
- One can imagine a being than which none greater can be conceived.
- We know that existence in reality is greater than existence in the mind alone.
- If the being we imagine exists only in our mind, then it is not a “being than which none greater can be conceived”.
- A being than which none greater can be conceived must also exist in reality.
- Failure to exist in reality would be failure to be a being than which none greater can be conceived.
- Thus a being than which none greater can be conceived must exist, and we call this being God.
[As found in Anselm’s “Proslogion” Summary taken from Wikipedia]
Two weeks ago I was unsure but I know now. We will be meeting on Thursday, February 21. We will view and discuss Episode 4 on the Blessed Virgin Mary.
If you would like to open/download Word documents of compilations of the passages from CCC, do the following:
1. Go to the picture of St. Peter’s Basilica on the top of this page.
2. Look immediately under it where it should say, “Catechism Docs.”
3. Click on that, which should bring you to a separate pages with the individual lessons.